Applicants to all departments must complete the online application form. Applicants should check with the department to which they are applying to determine the supporting documents they must submit. The Department of Biomedical Engineering requires the following supporting documents:
1. Official transcript(s). An official transcript from each university (undergraduate and/or graduate) the student has attended. Transcripts must be original copies issued by the institutions, with an official stamp.
2. Official degree certificate(s). This is not a transcript; it provides proof that the degree has been completed. Certificates must be original copies issued by the institutions, with an official stamp.
3. Letters of support. Three letters of support from referees. The letters written by the referees are not to be seen by the student. Referees will be notified by e-mail to submit once the student has requested the referee letters within the online application.
4. Curriculum vitae (CV). This must be written by the student and include:
- Personal information, including contact information
- Education and work experience in reverse chronological order
- Technical and language skills, including computer languages
- Honours and awards
- Research publications
5. Personal statement. This should be a 1-2 page document that includes who you wish to work with, your research skills and interests, and why you are a suitable candidate.
6. English-language examinations. For students who require the successful completion of an English-language examination, when the examination was or will be taken, and if taken, indication that the results have/are being sent to the Department.
All supporting documents to the Department of Biomedical Engineering should be submitted via the Grad App Portal. Please note the file format guidelines for submitting documents.