U of A Advantage
The University of Alberta is one of Canada's leading research universities, with the best in academics, athletics, and student life. More than 37,000 students are studying at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- The U of A is one Canada's leading research and teaching institutions, with more than $490 million in external research funding.
- The U of A offers 200 undergraduate and 170 graduate programs in 18 faculties.
- The U of A is home to Canada's second largest research library system.
- The U of A has Western Canada's largest teaching hospital.
- The U of A is Western Canada's only French-language university campus.
- The U of A has the most professors with 3M Teaching Awards.
- Many of the world's great minds have been a part of U of A and its history, such as the first Canadian Nobel Prize winner in physics, the inventor of sonar, the designer of the Canadian maple leaf flag, a co-discoverer of insulin, and more.
- At the University of Alberta, there are great opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to conduct research in state-of-the-art facilities with world-renowned professors.